Forum Dunmore Strona Główna Dunmore
Dumore Irish Dance Academy

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Wilson said he wasn't sure if he co

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Dunmore Strona Główna -> Powitania
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
zhouyueyue
hornpipe killer

PostWysłany: Pon Wrz 10, 2018 09:19    Temat postu: Wilson said he wasn't sure if he co Odpowiedz z cytatem

LHASA, Sept. 14 (Xinhua) -- Attendees of the first international forum on traditional Tibetan medicine gathered in Lhasa, Tibet, Tuesday to share ideas and celebrate the 100th anniversary of a Tibetan hospital.

Men-Tsee-Khang, also known as Tibetan Medical and Astro Institute, was founded in 1916. It was formally named Tibet Autonomous Region Hospital of Traditional Tibetan Medicine in 1980.

Tibetan medicine, or Sowa Rigpa in Tibetan, is over 2,000 years old. It has absorbed influences from traditional Chinese, Indian and Arabic medicine.

Similar to traditional Chinese medicine and in sharp contrast to biomedicine, Tibetan medicine, which is mainly practiced in Tibet and the Himalayan region, uses herbs, minerals and sometimes insects and animals to treat afflictions. It is particularly well known for its digestive, cardiovascular, and rheumatoid treatments.

Tibetan medicine can be traced back to its roots in the region's monasteries and, even to this day, many of the most renowned doctors are often high monks. It uses a patient's urine to diagnose ailments, as the color, foam, smell and sediment of urine can help with diagnosis and inform treatment plans.

Stephan Kloos, a researcher at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, said Men-Tsee-Khang had been crucial to the development of Tibetan medicine, as generations of Tibetan medics had passed through its doors.

"Tibetan medicine as we know it today has absorbed medical knowledge from China, India and Persia to create something unique from the sum of its parts," he said.

"Its very strength, resilience and dynamism derive from the centuries of exchanges between practitioners and scholars from diverse backgrounds," he added.

Damdinsuren Natsagdorj, professor at Otoch Manramba University of Mongolia, said that Mongolian and Tibetan practitioners had been studying in each other's countries for more than a thousand years. "There is a very close relationship between traditional Mongolian medicine and Tibetan medicine."

"Many people around the world are studying Tibetan medicine, which means it is prospering," he said.

Tibetan medicine was added to China's intangible cultural heritage list in 2006. The ancient practice has also won the support of the World Health Organization, according to Natsagdorj.

At the Tibetan Medicine Committee's annual conference in August, Harvard University's Janet Gyatso expressed her amazement and optimism about the development of Tibetan medicine.

Vincanne Adams, from UCSF School of Medicine, said the biggest challenge is exposing Western medics to Tibetan medical theory, which is very hard to explain in a Western context.

More should be done to promote Tibetan medicine on the international stage and to attract students to this branch of medicine, she added.

Tawni Tidwell, a PhD candidate at the anthropology department of Emory University, said Tibetan medicine is not only concerned with the body but also the mind, which "is needed in the world [today]."

"Tibetan medicine has treatments for afflictions that western medicine does not understand," he said.

"As more new and complicated diseases emerge that Western medicine cannot treat -- chronic diseases particularly -- Tibetan medicine could take a [leading] role," Kloos said.

by Matt Walsh

CANBERRA Montravius Adams Jersey , July 21 (Xinhua) -- Australian surfer Mick Fanning has vowed to get back on the surfboard, telling a packed media conference intimate details of his harrowing brush with a great white shark that could have easily taken his life.

Talking to the press outside Sydney Airport on Tuesday, Fanning and fellow Australian competitor Julian Wilson described the attack Josh Jones Jersey , which occurred at the J-Bay Open in South Africa earlier this week.

Fanning said he was "doing okay" after having some time to collect his emotions and speak with family and loved ones.

He said he was lucky to be alive after the incident, but admitted he was still emotionally shaken as he told the media his recount of the attack.

"I haven't got a scratch on me. It's more of an emotional, mental trauma right now. It might take a couple of weeks Kevin King Jersey , months to pick me up," he said.

"It just sort of came up and went for the tail of my board. I don't know why it didn't bite... my board is totally fine. It just kept coming back. I kept trying to put my board in between us."

"I tried to just position myself away from it. But it was right there. I don't know if I punched it hard or if they were baby punches, but I just went into fight or flight."

Fanning praised the competition's organizers and staff for the quick response and their way they took care of him after the incident Josh Jackson Jersey , but saved his greatest admiration for competitor and good friend Julian Wilson who came to his aid.

"Julian showed his true integrity. He put himself in harm's way to get to me," he said, adding "You're so thankful to have people like that. That will look out for you. I don't know if I would have made it if the boats or Jules didn't come then."

Wilson said he wasn't sure if he could make it to Fanning in time Jaire Alexander Jersey , telling the press conference that he thought he might have to dive under the water to try and find Fanning, had the shark decided to bite.

"I froze. I saw him start to get manhandled by the shark, and I was kind of freaking out Cheap Packers Hats ," he said.

"I just started paddling for him, fearing for his life. I came over the wave and I was just hoping he would be there. He was away from the board, the shark bit his leg rope and I went into panic mode.

"I felt like I couldn't get there in time. It was a horrific feeling."

Earlier on Tuesday Cheap Packers T-Shirts , Fanning's mother Elizabeth Osborne spoke to the Nine Network, offering a heartfelt thanks to the Wilson family.

"Thank you to your family and especially to Julian for being such a hero and caring about what was happening to my so. Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Nike Jerseys
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Pon Wrz 10, 2018 09:19    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Dunmore Strona Główna -> Powitania Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: